Momentous News 5
Speakers: Ps. Mike Kirkpatrick
Bible reading: Romans 7
The law of sin, wages war against you (& me) almost constantly, tricking and deceiving us into behaving in ways that might give us short-term pleasure but in the long term,
- undermining our sense of self
- undermining our integrity,
- imprisoning us in sin,
- destroying our emotional and spiritual growth into maturity
- destroying our relationships.
It’s appalling. Who can help? Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Church family, our new rally cry is Rest Grow Go. Because:
- it’s good that everyone experiences the relief of learning to rest in Christ.
- we want everyone to grow in Christ emotionally and spiritually. So that you and I stop undermining our integrity. And instead, start to become the person God designed you to be
- so that you can Go in Christ’s name with genuine integrity –sharing with others, the love and grace of God in Christ Jesus.
Now, isn’t that worth doing?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!