http://crossculturepointcook.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cc-logo.png 0 0 admin http://crossculturepointcook.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cc-logo.png admin2020-06-01 10:12:192020-06-01 10:12:19Who passes the test?
Who passes the test?
Speakers: Ps. Esther Kirkpatrick
Bible reading: Luke 7:36-50
- It is a delusion that blinds many of us.
- Because our family and friends, and the society in general, keeps on telling us- we are good people, we are OK.
- We have intelligence, achievements, and assets, to prop up our sense of identity.
- We can stand before God and assume we are acceptable to God- on our own merit!
- We actually do not see ourselves sinful, and so, unlike that broken disreputable woman, we don’t feel that we need forgiveness.
- And Jesus can’t extend forgiveness of sin to those who don’t ask for it.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!